FACE IT: Beauty with Amanda Care
Top 10 Summer Beauty Must-Haves!
Channel’s resident beauty expert, Amanda Care of Face It in Devonport, gives readers a monthly insight into what’s happening in the world of skincare. This month she shares her…
Welcome to our final editorial for the year. It’s been a great 2013 looking after you all, and meeting so many new people at Face It. Thank you for choosing Face It for all your beauty needs. Now lets get to it. Top 10 Summer Beauty Must-Haves:
- Brownallyear Organic Tanning lotion and spray. This ripper of a faux tan is made right here on the North Shore, is easy to use and gives a gorgeous golden glow without the usual stinky, streaky mess. Love it! Priced from $23.50
- Ultraceuticals Sunactive 50+ Range. THE latest in sunscreen technology, this product has been flying off shelves across the ditch in Aussie and for good reason. Specifically made for outdoor active people (gardeners, cyclists, runners), it has only a 15% load of chemical filter, and offers complete protection without feeling like you have anything on your skin. It is perspiration proof and four hours water resistant (still tested 99% protection even after that four hour period). This range is a definite summer must have. From $55
- SpaRitual limited edition Laugh collection nail colours. Sparkly reds, greens and silvers in this eco-friendly range will get you in the festive mood. RRP $19.90
- Direct Needle Therapy. I’m already two treatments in on DNT and I can’t wait for my next one. It’s painless, quick and needs minimal downtime. My pores and skin are already looking smoother. A must have for those serious about skin rejuvenation. From $200 per treatment
- A Bare All Strawberry hot wax for sensitive areas. Our lush hot wax is specially formulated for sensitive areas and will keep you looking smoother for longer. $25 for an underarm or bikini wax and $55 for a Brazilian.
- Riffi Mitt. This patented, European-made exfoliating mitt is just the ticket for a stimulating body buff to smoothen skin and improve the appearance of cellulite. It has antimicrobial properties so it won’t go mouldy in your shower either, which is definitely a bonus! RRP $32
- Luxury Pedicure. No, not one of those ones where you’re in a fish bowl, and anyone walking past can see you soaking your feet. A quality one-on-one pedicure, in a private room, with a qualified therapist to soak, buff and polish your feet to perfection. RRP $70
- LiLash. The worlds most popular purified eyelash serum to give you the flirty long lashes you’ve always dreamed of. RRP $180
- A classic, take anywhere wide brimmed hat. So many feminine dresses are around this season so it’s now easier than ever to match a classy wide brim hat to keep you covered outdoors. I love mine and I’m rarely seen without it.
- Lots of laughter with good friends. With family social obligations peaking at this time of year (lets face it, some can be a chore), it’s important to try to find time to catch up with your besties for a good dose of chin wagging and frivolity.
A smile is always a great accessory, and laughter really is the best medicine!
Enjoy your holiday break and stay sun safe. We’ll be open through the Christmas break for any beauty treatments you may require.