Five Favourites On The Shore: Nick Harvey
Nick Harvey is a born and bred Shore lad. A Rangi old boy he is a director/shareholder of New Zealand Sponsorship Agency – a business described as the country's only full service sponsorship and experiential agency. "NZSA" works for corporates helping them with sponsorship strategy and activation, as well as experiential marketing campaigns.
Having been brought up in the Bays, Nick now lives near Narrowneck Beach, with his wife Maree and young children Mia, Liam and Ben. While family keeps him very busy these days any 'spare' time is likely to be spent surfing.
We asked Nick to share his five favourites things he loves about the Shore.
- North Head: A magic place for a family picnic with million dollar views and there's always a sheltered side. Also a summer favourite for grass sliding with the kids.
- Taka Reef: Needs a big North swell to break but when it does there are fun waves on your door step, and a guaranteed crew of the elder generation of Shore surfers trading waves with the grommets.
- Bath Street: Maree and I regularly hit the north end of Cheltenham for takeaways with the kids in summer. A great little playground, plenty of shelter and a view through the Pohutukawas to the water.
- Community: There's a fantastic sense of community around Devonport Narrowneck and Belmont. After living on the city side for six years this was immediately evident on returning to the Shore. It's an amazing place for kids to grow up.
- Access to the water: Whether it's a paddle-board up the coast, a windsurf off Bayswater in a howling sou'wester, or a fish in the channel, there's always an option to enjoy the incredible Hauraki Gulf.