Beaches and Boutique Shopping… TV Star’s Mum Shares Her Love of the Shore
With Mother’s Day this month – Sunday 12th – we approached the mum of one of television’s most recognisable faces to share with Channel readers what she most loves about the Shore. Carol Wetzell has lived on the North Shore for 37 years and is a familiar face in and around Devonport. She has worked as a real estate agent with Barfoot and Thompson for over a decade. Daughter Pippa now presents popular TV show Fair Go, following many years with TV One News and Breakfast,
which she co-hosted with Paul Henry from 2007 to 2010.
Carol plans to spend Mother’s Day having dinner with Pippa and her family – her other daughters, Kylie and Anya, live in Dunedin and France respectively. Here, the successful mum tells us about her favourite aspects to living on the Shore…
- Sitting on North Head having a picnic. The views are spectacular and I never tire of watching the boats sail past.
- Relaxing on Cheltenham or Takapuna beach. How spoilt we are to have such amazing beaches on our doorstep.
- Walking between the beaches. I often find myself unwinding by strolling between Milford and Takapuna beach. It always makes me feel good.
- Meeting friends at The Commons. This is a new favourite spot, the ambience is great and I feel that I could be sitting anywhere in the world.
- Shopping in Devonport. Whether it is a present for a grandchild or a new pair of shoes, I can normally find what I am looking for.