TAKAPUNA BEACH: New Arrival
Chihuahua Mexicana Cocina Y Barra NOW OPEN in Takapuna
During April Takapuna welcomed 'Chihuahua' to the site that was formerly Marvel Grill in Anzac Avenue – by the cinemas and carpark.
Inspired by the fast and fresh international staple of Mexican food, the same people behind Marvel Grill, Wendy Sutherland and Alisdair Gribben, have launched Chihuahua, They have created a distinctive and diverse modern menu with hints of Mexican Street Food.
Food trends globally have seen a shift to an authentic modern Mexican style of cuisine. Wendy and Alisdair have embraced this emerging movement with a new exciting Mexican restaurant in the heart of Takapuna.
Chihuahua – The Menu
Fresh, fast the Chihuahua menu will comprise of such wonderful dishes as Bocaditas (snacks) with a selection of different Guacamoles, Salsas and other items seen in Mexican as “Mexican Street Food”.
Popular items will Tostaditas, Tacos and Quesadillas using fresh products and meats from our grill.
Ceviche's, fresh Ensaladas (salads) and Acompanamientos (sides dishes) will also feature on the extensive menu at Chihuahua.
An extensive takeaway menu will be offered all day.
Chihuahua – Beverages
Tantamount to the authentic Chihuahua Mexican menu is the proviso that the beverage be equally exciting with a 40 plus selection of Tequilas. The cocktail list will be large and hosts many traditional Mexican beverages.
Chihuahua – Entertainment & Events
Live music and DJ’s will feature weekly with continual events and promotions on offer.
As well as having great food – with drinks to match – Chihuahua is set to become a popular entertainment and social venue in Takapuna.
Chihuahua – Opening Hours
Chihuahua will be open Monday to Sunday from 12 noon through to 1am.
Meals and Takeaways available all day.
Chihuahua – Mexicana Cocina Y Barra
34 Anzac Avenue, Takapuna. Phone 486-2249
Open 7 Days – 12noon till late.
No Reservations Required.
DJ'S Thursdays & Friday Nights.
Examples from the MENU
Con totopos (with tortilla chips)
• Pico de gallo – tomato/red onion/chile
• Salsa fresca – tomato/chile/mex beer
• Roast corn & black bean
• Salsa verde – tomatillo/coriander/jalapenos
• Rattlesnake salsa – pepper | tomato | cascabel chile
Festive mexican small plates & street food
• Bean dip – tortilla triangles/mexican creama/queso
• Elote del mercado – grilled corn/chipotle mayo/queso/lime
• Polenta jalapeno – roasted jalapeno crumbed/queso stuffed
• Queso fundido con chorizo – homemade chorizo/queso dip/tortilla
• Empanandas – beef empanandas/walnut creama
• Baked kumara – avocado/chipotle & tamarind salsa/queso/pumpkin seeds
• Taquitos – chicken & potato stuffed tortilla/guacamole/salsa/creama
• Burritos – spanish rice/black bean & corn salsa/skirt steak/greens
• Nachos de carne – beef/queso/guacamole/salsa/olives/jalapenos
• Tres queso/sharp cheddar/feta/jalapeno ricotta
• Grilled capsicum/onions/queso/salsa verde
• House made chorizo/potato/queso/epazote
• Chicken/baby spinach/queso/pico de gallo
• Chargrilled zucchini/eggplant/mushrooms/queso/rattlesnake salsa
• Blackened fish/tequila creamed corn/citrus salsa
• Chargrilled tequila marinated chicken/corn salsa/chipotle mayo
• Chile rubbed skirt steak/sauteed cabbage/salsa verde
• Prawn/chipotle coleslaw
• Pulled pork/pineapple melon salsa